This Saturday, December 7, from 11 am-5 pm is the Holiday Market at the UMFA! Come browse incredible gifts, and stop into The Museum Store as well.
With so much to choose from, we’ve put together a Holiday Gift Guide to help:
1. This beautiful stamp from Yellow Owl Workshop would make the perfect seal for any holiday card. If you’re feeling particularly crafty this season, use it to create your own wrapping paper. Pine Cone Stamp, Yellow Owl Workshop, $12.50. Available in The Museum Store.
2. In this treat, perfect for any chocolate lover, local chocolatier Millcreek Cacao combines delicious peppermint with a deep, rich chocolate. Serve it at your next holiday event for a real wow factor. Peppermint Chocolate, Millcreek Cacao, $7.00. Available in the Museum Store and at the Holiday Market.
3. With My Museum from Chronicle Books, anyone can be a curator and an artist. This sketchbook features empty frames, pedestals, ledges, and display cases ready to be filled by the creative in your life. My Museum sketchbook, $15.95. Available in The Museum Store.
4. Any little one would be lucky to take their first steps in these booties by local artist Emily Palmer. Keep those toes warm–and celebrate Utah!–with these sweet kicks. Bumblebee baby booties, $24. Available in The Museum Store.
5. Know a foodie? Might we suggest this vessel-and-spoon by local ceramics artist Barbara Schaecher. Whether salty or sweet, this gift is sure to please. Ceramic vessel, $24. Available in The Museum Store and at the Holiday Market.
6. If you’re feeling inspired by the recent jewelry feature on the museum’s blog, you might have something like this in mind. Local artist Lisa Ord has crafted this versatile bracelet to suit any fashionista. Yellow agate with Balinese silver beads, Lisa Ord, $60. Available in The Museum Store and at the Holiday Market.
7. However you choose to spell it, today is the last day of Hanukkah (and Thanksgivukkah has come and gone!) This piece by local artist Valerie Atkisson would complement any room. And if you choose to give it next year, you’re already ahead on your holiday shopping! Polished steel menorah by Valerie Atkisson, $390. Available in The Museum Store and at the Holiday Market.